BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Better Business Bureau is out with a scathing report on the dog-breeding industry in Missouri.

According to the BBB, Missouri is home to 30 percent of federally licensed dog breeders in the United States. That's four times the number of dog breeders found in the next highest state.

State law requires that all of Missouri's 1,800 dog-breeding facilities be examined once a year, but the state has only 13 inspectors who must juggle their inspections with other duties. As a result many of the breeders go unchecked...

3 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

It's certainly time to do something about this. Come on Missouri!

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I found you on eHow as well. Keep up the good work spreading the word about animal cruelty. I can't even read some of your stories..I'm such a wimp, I don't like thinking about it.
Yes..we love American Pickers! (change of subject!) My husband has a new dream now to drive the country looking for old, rundown buildings!
Thanks for the follows and see you around!

Pat Wahler said...

Check over at Critter Alley. I've nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award!

Related Posts with Thumbnails