BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pop culture main reason Calif has Chihuahua crisis

LOS ANGELES – California has more Chihuahuas than it can handle, and it has Hollywood to blame.

There are so many Chihuahuas at shelters in Oakland, they have started shipping the dogs out of state, said Megan Webb, director of Oakland Animal Services. They have sent about 100 to Washington, Oregon and Arizona, she said, "and as soon as they get them, they are ready for new ones."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was such a chihuahua problem!! They're such popular dogs!!! I would get 1 (or maybe more!) if I could! But while I live with my parents (and have our current 3 dogs) I don't think I'll be getting chihuahua anytime soon! :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails